Property Tax and Dog License Collection
If you no longer own the property described on the tax bill, it is your responsibility to forward it to the new owner immediately.
The 2019 Property Tax Year Collection the Town of Clearfield
will be collecting property taxes and dog licenses by MAIL ONLY.
Starting the 2018 Tax Year. The town will not be mailing out a town letter with the tax bills unless requested by the tax payer with a fee of $2 per town letter. The town letter will be posted in the three locations and on this website. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Town Clerk, Cindy Suzda at (608) 547-3543 or email [email protected]
- There is NO longer a DROP BOX.
- There will be NO appointments made.
- MAIL ONLY — NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No dropping Taxes or Dog Licenses in the Treasurer's personal mailbox.
- First installment is due on or before January 31, 2020, payable to Town of Clearfield. Mail to Town of Clearfield Treasurer, N8139 State Road 80, New Lisbon, WI 53950.
- Second installment is due on or before July 31, 2020, payable to Juneau County Treasurer, 220 E State Street, Mauston, WI 53948. Do not send the second payment to Town of Clearfield Treasurer.
- All personal property taxes, private forest crop, managed forestlands, and special charges are to be paid in full on or before January 31, 2020.
- Real estate taxes of $99.00 or less per parcel must be paid in full by January 31, 2020.
- Dog license payment is due by April 1, 2020 to avoid any late charges or penalties.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your tax remittance if you wish to have your tax receipt, dog license, and/or copy of the tax list mailed back to you. Be sure to specify what information you want. There is a $2.50 charge for a paper copy of the tax list.
- Refunds for taxes paid by escrow account checks will be identified and included in the next scheduled payments made under Wisconsin Statute 66.042. This would be the next regular monthly Board Meeting; these are held the third Wednesday of each month. Refund checks must have Board approval before they can be issued. Refunds under $1.00 will not be made.
- No Cash! Personal Checks, Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders Only!
- Any further questions please feel free to contact the Treasurer, Deb Slye, at (608) 547-2739. Address: Town of Clearfield, N8139 State Road 80, New Lisbon WI 53950.